Monday, May 11, 2009

Waiting...

Three more sleeps until the Baby's due date and there is no sign of the Baby's arrival.
I am growing more impatient as the days go by. I am such an impatient person as far as these things go. I hate waiting for something to happen or for something to arrive. Right now I almost feel like I am waiting for Christmas. I can't even imagine what Monica must be going through.
She is uncomfortable. She is tired and sore. She can't wait until she isn't pregnant any more. She is excited for the Baby's arrival too.
We are probably 95% ready, at least as far as "stuff" goes. There are only a few more things we need. Are we mentally ready? I think so. Will we really ever be 100% mentally ready? We don't really have much of an idea what its going to be like. I mean, we've been around friends who have young kids and we've been told over and over that its hard and that we wont get much sleep, but what else? I think that no matter what we do, whether we read every book on parenting, or none at all, we will never really be ready. Now, obviously, not doing anything to be prepared would be just plain silly. But I don't think we should stress out over making sure we're ready. We're jumping in head first.
We just have to keep waiting...

No comments: